Thursday, April 21, 2016

When Doves Cry - Prince Dead At 57

 
I was always a fan of his great music and his weirdness. All great musicians share that trait in common. You can't have one without the other. He was an icon and a talent that will not come our way again. Sad to see his voice silenced. Thanks again 2016. Congratulations. You still suck.



 
I LOVE this Prince story by Charlie Murphy.
  


I have fond memories of Prince's music, especially the songs like Little Red Corvette, which my two buddies and I did for a cadet camp air guitar contest. We called ourselves Paul and the Chesterfield's (the Canadian name for sofa). These were our promotional pictures. I played the keytar and sang backup.

 
(click to enlarge)
 
 



 


 
 

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, quite a shock, eh?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I just think back to those great times I had listening to his Purple Rain cassette. I wore that mother out.

DrGoat said...

Damn shame. This year keeps rolling along with bad news.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

This one hurt because I remember fun times when his music was a huge part of the soundtrack of my life.

Rob R said...

2016 is turning out to be the fucking Angel of Death! This is getting to be Game of Thrones bullshit...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Why can't Death take an asshole or three just to balance the scales a bit. Ted Nugent comes to mind.