Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Deadliest Catch

 
Ever since downloading the first ten seasons of THE DEADLIEST CATCH. it has become my working on the computer show. Cops was my daily friend for about a year as I watch that entire series. I find that I need something to be playing when I do work on the computer. It just improves my concentration. Shows like DC are perfect because a lot of what they say and what they do is repetitive but you can just jump in at anytime and get the full adventure. And the show is done so well on all levels. The photography is first rate as is the setting. Nothing quite like this job exists anywhere else in the world. It is the deadliest job statistically. More crab fishermen die than any other profession. The real life people doing the job are interesting and that is the key to the success of the program. You get close to them and what them to succeed. I know the names of all the ships and the captains who run them.


Of course I still get a thrill when I see a full crab pot come over the rail just full of keepers. I love to rejoice when the fishermen success and I suffer with them when they fail. The rewards can be great but you have to earn every damn penny as a guy on deck. I would wish those long hours of back breaking work on anyone but there is no way else to get the damn crab who have chosen to live in the Bering Sea, the worst waters in the world and notorious for swallowing ships.


 
 

No comments: