Monday, April 25, 2016

Lost Chocolate Bars


I was looking for a picture of the CUBAN LUNCH chocolate bar and couldn't find a decent one. Do you remember CUBAN LUNCH. It was a hunk of chocolate that tasted great coming out of the freezer. It was a hard choice between that and CHERRY BLOSSOM if you really wanted a good hit of chocolate and peanuts.

In my search I found two other chocolate bars that no longer exist. I loved WIG WAG. Chocolate and caramel are always a winning combination and FOUR FLAVORS was another one that tasted so much better after it was frozen. What other bars have left my life without my notice. And how do I get me a CUBAN LUNCH without having to make it myself?


 

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I LOVED Cuban Lunch when I was a kid! And 4 Flavours and WigWag too! I'd forgotten all about those last two. Mmmm, chocolate covered Mackintosh's caramel -- that's all WigWag really was. Do you remember the little sing-songy jingle for Mackintosh's Caramels?

"Mackintosh's MacCreamy MacCaramels last
A long, long time!"

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I used to love to smash that toffee on the counter.

DrGoat said...

Canadian candy bars look pretty good. For us it was
Three Musketeers and Hershey's bars. Nestles bars too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

We get those too. All of these Canadian ones are gone now. Smarties are ours I guess. They were around forever.

Unknown said...

The wigwag still exists! It's called the Curly-Wurly and you can find it almost everywhere you can find UK import foods! I love them.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Now I have to look for that bar. I loves me that combination.

Unknown said...

I don't remember Cuban Lunch myself as I grew up in the Montreal area & I don't think Provi-Soir convenience stores carried it.

However, an Edmonton woman got the recipe and the rights to Cuban Lunch and partnered with a chocolate company to produce it in limited quantities, though CTV News said it will probably not be available east of Thunder Bay.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1501343

When I was a kid in the 1980s, I remember another Neilson bar similar to 4 Flavours but it was called "Treasures". Looking at the picture, it may have been a slight rebranding and reformatting of 4 Flavours.

Dylan said...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4791625/alberta-couple-cuban-lunch-chocolate-bar/

You can buy them now!!!!