Saturday, March 14, 2009

Classic Canadiana - Paddle to the Sea

When it comes to a classic Canadian short film it doesn't get more iconic than PADDLE TO THE SEA. Every kid in elementary since the 1960 has been shown this movie many many times and it is something we all share from our childhood much like the Tommy Hunter Show or Hockey Night in Canada. It was suppose to show us how things moves from our rivers out to the sea but it has taken on much more of a meaning since it was first created in the 1960s. Like Tim Horton's coffee or Poutine its about as Canadian as it gets. I have a Playmobile Noah's Art that I would love to do the same things to just to see how long it last or survives.





1 comment:

Reis O'Brien said...

Sweet... angry... Christ. I totally remember this! I had completely forgotten about it until just now, and I think the sudden flash of memory made my brain melt a little. Holy crap!

We watched this a couple of times in grade school, when I lived in Michigan.

I remember not understanding this movie at all. I was like, "Stupid kid! You've worked so hard on this awesome toy canoe and now you're just throwing it down a river!"

I also remember being rally jealous that my parent would let me smelt molten lead in the fireplace.

Oh wow. I need to go lie down.