Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Great Movie Quote

Megan is working her way through a 30 day meme and was having people leave their favorite movie quotes. Merle left this one. It's one of the greats of all time and if you had a buddy like I did, who would do it perfectly, while we were riding to the 15th hole, with cigars and a nice whiskey buzz on - well it's just about as close to heaven as any one man gets.

"Bill Murray, as Carl Spackler in Caddyshack;

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."


7 comments:

Megan said...

I got some great quotes that day. This one might be the best, though.

Margaret Benbow said...

Definitely on my Top 10 list! I also love the moment when Carl is grinding his post-hole digger into the turf while making lewd remarks about a lady golfer--"My little monkey woman..."

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I can't clean my golf balls without thinking of that scene. Who? What did I say? That is filthy.

Wings1295 said...

Hah! My son just got this through Netflix. I haven't watched it in YEARS! Funny flick.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Did everyone give the EWWWW when Bill ate the chocolate bar?

Sam G said...

I've always lived my life thinking WWBMD. Hence, my avatar.

MC said...

I am surprised the Cinderella story scene didn't come up as well.