Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Daisy The Curly Cat - Cool Website Of The Day

I usually hate it when people dress their animals in costumes. I find they never quite get to the point where they create a character because the animals never have the expressions that show that they are comfortable with being clothed. Usually I just pass these sites by.

Then then I found 'Daisy the Curly Cat'. The site's owner has found the perfect technique for photographing her two cats (Daisy and Harley) in such away that they become actual living creatures with character.

The whole thing is like the comic strip 'Get Fuzzy' where one cat, Daisy is the smart one and Harley is the sweet but relatively dumb one. They are also two hamsters(Bert and Ernie) that are often included in the daily adventures of these cat models.

I do my (beloved the world over) cat captions but the site's creator goes in a different but equally genius direction by doing these cut and past conversations between our two heroes. There has to be a book deal somewhere for both of our creative endeavours. I would share my space on the shelf with the site's owner anytime. You will get the gist of her style by this week's cartoon.



3 comments:

Daisy said...

We are so proud and happy to be your cool website of the day! My Mommeh feels she is very lucky because I actually enjoy modeling. I am sort of like a "Pavlov's Cat" because I know I will get treats for modeling, so when I see the camera now I run towards the camera and start drooling in anticipation!

TS Hendrik said...

That's a pretty awesome concept.

Kal said...

Buddy, the whole world is just passing us by. We are comic dinosaurs - another concept being done pretty well somewhere else.