Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Space1970 Gem - Logan's Run Trailer


I saw this movie when it was originally in theatres and it's one of those movies that I can watch over and over again whenever it's on the satellite. I know this is another film that Hollywood wants to remake. I wish they would remake BAD films and not mess with GOOD films that told their story effectively.


Michael York is terrific as Logan 6 and Jenny Agutter is awesome as Jessica 5. She was one of my all time boyhouse crushes. She is sexy and vulnerable with the cutest little turned up nose ever. Plus how can you have a better evil robot than Boxx? That Roscoe Lee Browne spoke for Boxx and we all know he has one of the all time great voices ever.


Still a cool movie after all these years.

8/10

7 comments:

Nick Ward said...

When I was a kid at school we all made Sandman guns in woodwork class and then played Logan's Run which was a modified game of tag. "Home" was the patch of grass by the incinerator...

Nomad said...

Boxx always reminded me of Evil Robot Santa from Futurama. Also sounds like santa from the stop-motion Rudolph classic.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have you ever seen a remake that was better than the original?

M. D. Jackson said...

I loved that movie. Saw it twice in my hometown theater where movies only played for three days. The costumes, the sets, the effects, the nudity... it bowled me over.

I bought it on DVD recently with all the bells and whistles and comment tracks and production artwork, etc. Even though the story doesn't make much sense to me as an adult it is still a favourite of mine.

DEZMOND said...

you know the remake is in the making with Ryan Gosling in the lead role?

Kal said...

Ryan Gosling is no Micheal York Dez. Sorry, I had to go old school ya for a second there.

DEZMOND said...

well, if they put a nice little plastic wig on Ryan's head, like the one York is sporting, he could pass as the new Logan ;)