Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Want!


Are ABC blocks too easy for your lil’ genius? Worried that your tot is falling behind in Egyptology? Well, the NeatoShop to the rescue!

The Egyptian Hieroglyphic Blocks are a set of 28 carved wood blocks that will teach your kids ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic phonograms and the names of the Pharaohs.

Perfect for your budding Egyptologist and regular toddlers who love to stack then knock things down.


I would have loved these as a kid. I had a small pocket book of Egyptian hieroglyphics and their corresponding meanings and I would write secret messages to myself. Then decode the same messages. I know. I was a weird little kid who found strange ways to entertain himself.

http://www.neatorama.com/

5 comments:

Belle said...

My grandkids were given a book on how to write in hieroglyphics. They loved it. English is such a convoluted language. I doubt ancient Egyptian was.

Sarah said...

You're not the only one Kal. I used to create newspapers that only I would read as a kid.

Kal said...

Parallel lives Sarah.

M. D. Jackson said...

A friend of mine and I taught ourselves to read and write using ancient celtic runes when we were in grade school. I can't remember how to do it now.

Those blocks would be cool, though.

Nathan said...

That's the kind of thing I would have wanted as a kid, but then hardly ever played with.