Thursday, March 24, 2011

Diet Pepsi? O% Sugar O Calories


I could never stand this diet swill . My naturally skeptic nature also made me question what strange dangerous chemical was put in the place of sugar or calories to not have them register at all. I could also always taste the artificial sweetener Aspartame which was an awful aftertaste to my highly refined palette.

Then something happened to me. Nothing as drastic as being hit by lightning or violated after alien abduction.

I was shocked the other day when my mother brought home a few 1 litre bottles of Diet Pepsi. They were cheap as dirt as the Sobies and she can't risk a deal. I had gotten myself down to one regular Pepsi a day and was suffering severe caffeine headaches having run out the day earlier. Due to total desperation I tried the diet formula.

WOW - it was nummy. Very little aftertaste and the same tingly cola sensation that I love so much. I have a suspicion that they were selling these litre bottle for 50 cents each because they were beyond their expiration date but I didn't care. I went back for a crate of 24. The longer I can keep real sugar out of my system the better.

Now I don't feel so guilty after drinking any pop at all. I sure that the second I buy a case of cans that all the terrible diet pop tastes and memories will return but for now I am as happy as a pig in carbonated shit.

9 comments:

Nathan said...

I've also developed somewhat of a taste for diet soda. I never much cared for cola, though, so Diet Sunkist Orange is my drink of choice.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

As I've grown older, I don't mind a diet cola here & there- though I prefer tea or coffee

Belle said...

I'm so glad you found a diet cola you like. Terrific. Aspertame may do something weird to you, but whatever it is, it will be better than diabetes!

Kal said...

I am hoping the Aspertame give me super powers when I stand in front of the microwave oven.

Wings1295 said...

Coffee is my go-to drink, anytime of day really. But when I do drink soda, I go for Coke Zero. Love it, doesn't have the blah taste of diet cola. And there is a Cherry version!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you scored some good stuff!

DEZMOND said...

I always drink just Diet Pepsi which is called Pepsi Lite here in Europe. It has the most amazing taste, 1oo times better that Coca Cola or normal Pepsi and plus it has no sugar, just some other kinds of poison :))

Kal said...

cherry?

Nathan said...

I really don't like the description "diet," because you don't have to be on a diet to prefer sugarless soda. Also, I think it enables the people who make the dumb jokes about getting the large fries and a Diet Coke. Since it's used so commonly, though, I'm assuming there was market research put into it.