Sunday, March 27, 2011

Best Damn Character Actor Working Today


Since I first saw him on 'The Shield' Walton Goggins has become my favorite actor on TV these days (next to John Noble in 'Fringe'). He plays the complicated and conflicted Kentucky hillbilly Boyd Crowder in the fantastic show 'Justified'. When you combine great writing with an actor who really knows how to sell each and every line - that's something special that cannot be missed. The conversations between Goggins and series star Olyphant are masterful and full of hidden subtext that speak volumes about their friendship and shared past. 'Justified' is only into it's second season so you have time to catch up on a very cool show.



6 comments:

DrGoat said...

One of my very few favorite shows. Always look forward to Wednesday nights. You know it's a good show when you even like the bad guy (Boyd). Well written, with humor.....great show.

DrGoat said...

How 'bout a Boyd Crowder action figure.

Kal said...

He would have to come complete with rocket launcher and bible.

Paladin said...

I was hoping this season would be just as good as the first, and so far I've not been dissapointed.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Boyd fares against the crazy hillbilly weed growers, since he's working as a "security consultant" for the coal mine now.

Ricky said...

I agree, Goggins is fantastic and this is a great show.

csmith2884 said...

Love this show too. Thought I was the only one that watched it. I about fell out of my seat when the state police asked for Raylans help and the boss marshal called him the hillbilly whisperer. That's some great writing.