Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Gord Downie Of The Tragically Hip Diagnosed With Brain Cancer


I am a big fan of their music and especially Downie who really knew how to put on a good energetic show. The group seemed to have been around forever despite never achieving the fame outside of Canada that I always felt they richly deserved. There music doesn't sound like everything else out there. They sung songs with meaning behind them. Bobcaygeon and Ahead By A Century are two of my favorite songs that I always choose for Karaoke because I can sing them so well but also because the songs are two of the beautiful written tunes I have ever heard. I hate to see the young and talented die so early. I wish the gods would take some assholes off the planet for once. I know I will spend more time on the You Tubes this week catching up on their concert footage and remembering all the enjoyment I got out of the band's music.





3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

All of Canada is shocked and saddened by this news.

DrGoat said...

Very sorry. They make good music. I agree. Wish we could
trade the bad ones for the good. Thought that when Jim
Henson died. Assholes seem to last longer just out of spite.

Rob R said...

Suck it, cancer! Wishing Gord Downie strength as he fights this a$$hole illness. Always loved the song "Bobcaygeon" - though it's been years since I last heard it.