Saturday, May 28, 2016

Tom Brevoort Can Kiss My Ass After This Article


 
Not every story is for every reader? So now he talks down to me? After 45 years or reading comic books like it's my religion I deserve a little more respect from an industry with contempt for it's readers. Some creators get it that comics should be fun but many shouldn't be in the business at all. Maybe not everyone is cut out to Edit a comic book either. Maybe Brevoort has run out of ideas and needs make way for someone else. Just saying. Damn my outrage feels good. Don't fuck with me when it comes to comic books. I have seen and read it all. I have survived every stunt your tried to throw at me and I took your shit like a good little soldier just to get my fix of funny books. So when I have an opinion on comics, I think you should listen to me and this Captain America 'stunt' is all wrong. I almost don't want to follow the story but I will because I am full of shit and my love for comics is pure.

http://www.newsarama.com/29507-marvel-on-captain-america-hydra-hubbub-not-every-story-is-for-every-reader.html


 
Oh joy. Someone designed him a new costume.
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, everyone will be waiting for Issue #2 now, that's for sure. Marvel's got a lotta 'splainin' to do!

Odysseus said...

Yes because there's nothing topical for Captain America to stand against neo-facists on one side and neo-bolshivics on the other. I mean who in the US could relate to that nowadays....sheesh.

nolan said...

This Hydra angle doesn't hold up at all.
I mean, Cap was a thorn in Hydra's side so long, setting their operation back billions of dollars. For all that to be a "deep cover" ruse, I dunno... Lame.
But it got plenty of publicity and will probably sell a crapload of comics, so mission accomplished for Marvel I guess...
I predict that this will all be reset by a Flashpoint style reboot anyway.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I agree with you. Why have his wreck all your shit for DECADES? For what end? He could have killed the President a dozen times over while meeting him. What so big that you had to wait until now to reveal this 'fact'? It makes no sense. It's something Cobra Commander would come up with.