Friday, May 27, 2016

Just Lost A Piece Of My Tooth

Now I have to stress all weekend and hope for no pain until Monday afternoon when I can see my Dentist. I feel betrayed by my enamel. I brush like I have OCD and floss like a maniac. I hate when food gets stuck in this one spot so I live with floss within my reach at all times. The piece just broke off the front of the tooth next to my back molar. Then I swallowed it with my sandwich. MY SANDWICH!  Don't ever get old kids and don't ever trust your teeth. They will always let you down. I may have to start putting all my food in the blender. I had to stop eating cashews tonight after only ONE. GAH!

 
I have always had a strong bite like Sunny Baudelaire from Lemony Snickets but these days I can't even hang from a nice end table.
 
 
What's next? I may be a little overweight but I have never hurt an elbow or a knee or been seriously injured aside from being shot in the face (true story - I survived). I fear that now. It's the reason I don't run. I know guys my age who ski and bike in the mountains and they are more scar tissue than man after all their wipe outs. What if I lose my one superpower? What happens to me when I can no longer tell when the phone is going to ring before it does?
 
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Welcome to advancing age, Cal. I've had good dental care my entire life but my mouth is still full of caps and bridges. Just about to go for another bridge next week. Thank gawd for the miracle of modern dentistry. If not for that, I'd be a toothless crone.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It just sucks to get old. I use to have the bite like Sonny the Baby from Lemony Snickets. She was the one who could hang on the edge of the table with just her teeth.