Saturday, May 28, 2016

Keanu (2016)

 
I waited to watch this one until I could get myself a nice pristine copy. I laughed. I loved and it's all due to one kitten named Keanu who was the most awesome movie kitty since Milo of the Adventures of Milo and Otis. This movie is not trying to be anything other than what it is - a simple movie about the rescue of stolen kitty cat from drug dealers with violence, George Michaels and the 'N' word.

 
I enjoyed watching these two suburbanites bond with the gangsters they encounter. The George Michaels parts are hilarious as is the fact that Keanu has real personality. Key and Peele have made a nice jump from TV to film with a story that is unlike anything I have watched in a long time. I dug it.


 
It unfortunate they showed all the best parts in the trailer because this is many of the movies best parts and gags all in one place. If you liked the trailer you will enjoy the film.
 



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nowhere near enough kitty in the actual film, as I said before. But I did enjoy the running George Michael gag.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I agree, we needed more scenes like where Keanu saves him by untying the ropes and when he jumped the pimp in the red jacket. But he did go to visit him in prison. I thought that was a cool scene. The trailer really did reveal all the best parts. I also knew the dealers would all start singing George Michaels.