Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Legendary Outer Space Men

 
 
 
 
I am so upset with myself that I never got these when they first came out a few years ago. I love the new reproductions of the classic Colorform Outer Space Men figures. They are beautifully designed and I loved all the various clear colors that the figures come in these days. If I had access to US swap meets I would be all over these loose figures and I hate loose figures. I can look at the variations all day long. You know how I love any figure in a bubble helmet.

 
The Outer Space Men – also known as the Colorform Aliens – is a group of seven "bendy" action figures (similar to Mattel's Major Matt Mason) produced by the Colorforms Company in 1968, They were designed by toy inventor Mel Birnkrant. The 3.5" to 7" bendable action figures incorporate a pliable metal wire armature encased in painted soft vinyl bodies with "accordion" joints, just like the aforementioned Major Matt Mason line, with whom The Outer Space Men were initially designed to be utilized. Each fictional character represents an extraterrestrial being from the planets in our Solar System, as well as various places in our galaxy.








 








  

 

1 comment:

Dr. Theda said...

We loved the "Squid-like" alien... Still have the "Colorform" piece, as well. Great post...