Saturday, July 2, 2016

MY HAKES CATALOG FINALLY ARRIVED!!


This is one of the treasures of my life online. I love that I know about a high class auction house like Hakes that takes the time to find and evaluate and curate and sell the highest end products from the toy and pop culture collectibles that I know and love so much. If I had endless funds this would be my only source for fresh additions to my collection. Everything is certified and usually in mint to near mint condition. Hakes searches the world for the best collections of pop culture gold and pieces that we all thought we lost in their complete state - the only state a TRUE collector wants their best pieces to be in. They also find the most rare pieces that knowledgeable collectors like me have never heard about. That is a joy to discover.

 
 
I had a great experience with Hakes a few years ago when I used a gift certificate to win an auction for my Shadow ring from the 90s movie. It was 100 dollars and came with all the paperwork to authenticate it's rarity as a collectible. I paid all of six dollars for postage. It's now one of my most prized pieces in my collection that goes with my complete collection of toys from the movie.


 
One of the best things in my life is receiving the new auction catalog in the mail. It's as thick as a phone book and is full of high gloss color photography of some of the coolest stuff available out there. Every piece is evaluated with detailed write-ups on condition. Combined, the two make it easy for the collector to make his decision to bid or not. I bid each time a new auction comes out but I seldom win because there is no way that my bid holds up. Lets just say that MANY people want a mint-in-box Oscar Goldman with Exploding Briefcase.

You can also go to the well designed web site if you want to see the same stuff found in the catalog. Hours of fun for the lover of this kind of great Americana. If you like it or collect it, Hakes probably has a category for it. I can spent hours just looking through all the good stuff. These catalogues are a great resource and the highest quality auction book that I have ever come across.
 
This is my dream shopping list for this current auction.
Auction #218
 
"THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. COUNTERSPY OUTFIT"
ELABORATE MARX STORE DISPLAY.
 
 
Current Bid: $1,210.00

 
 
"THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.
ILLYA K. SPECIAL SECRET LIGHTER GUN."
 
 
Current Bid: $220.00

 
"THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. - THRUSH GUN"
 
 
Current Bid: $1,870.00
 
"THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E."
METAL LUNCHBOX WITH THERMOS.
 


 
 
Current Bid: $139.00
 
"THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. - NAPOLEON SOLO GUN"
 
 
                                                               Starting Bid:$500.00
 
MEGO GREEN ARROW CAR IN BOX
 

 
Current Bid: $275.00
 
MEGO GREEN ARROW IN BOX.
 
 
Current Bid: $200.00
 
 
Current Bid: $750.00
 
"BATMAN SUN GLASSES" FULL STORE DISPLAY.
 
 
Current Bid: $1,000.00

 
DC COMICS "SUPER POWERS COLLECTION -
HALL OF JUSTICE" BOXED PLAYSET.
 

 
Current Bid: $147.40

 

1 comment:

Dr. Theda said...

Cool post, good Sir Kal...