Wednesday, November 16, 2016

He's Making Me Crazy

He would rather lie between two rugs than on the rugs themselves. Good luck getting him to sleep on the couch or my bed. I guess it's all a process. I wish he would just relax like he does when I handle him. He is like a lap cat that loves the attention so much. But he never comes for it himself unless of course you are in the kitchen and there is food involved. I am glad he is eating so well. He should gain weight and then I can work on his leg strength since I think he has a wonky hip. Maybe a pet bed would entice him.

 

4 comments:

DrGoat said...

You should know cats by now Cal. It's on their schedule, not yours. He's going to adjust to his new world on his terms. That's why we like them so much. He's a great kitty. Our 19 yr. old black kitty has always refused to sleep on the bed, no matter what we did. As Christopher Walken would say, 'they're funny.. that way'.

Kal said...

You are right. He is his own personality. I just want him to at least look comfortable.

DrGoat said...

I know. Can't tell you how many times we would pick up kitty(s) off the floor and lay them on a comfy pillow or couch. Ten seconds later, they're back on the floor. Evidently, the lid of a bankers box is much more comfortable than a nice, soft bed or pillow. Gotta love em.

Kelly Sedinger said...

Just wait him out. You know cats: "Oh, YOU. My bowl full? Yes? Fine. No, my answer is STILL 'F*** you'. But in ten minutes I'll act like I love you. This will last three minutes."