Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My Cat Still Hates Me But No More Pee Has Been Found

My cat can't get up on the bed because he has no front claws or back leg strength yet. But next week we start training and massages for his bum hip and leg. But as of now he won't stay out of our sight or even go into a box or a basket He peed in the last cat box I made him. He sleeps on the wood floor. Not on the rugs mind you that are two feet from him but just the floor. He usually sits in a doorway like he had a job as a doorman once. He cries for food like a British orphan. But when he comes to me he will stay for scratches and belly rubs FOREVER. He's a psycho for it but I want him to come to me when he needs love. I need him to like me because most things don't and I don't want him to be in that group. I just want him to be okay with me, faults and all. But mostly I want him to be impressed that he hit the jackpot and became the new beloved cat of a genius. Every genius needs a cat. Now I am safe from the Mummies and all other forms or Egyptian spirits. I need a cat to soothe my soul. Unfortunately I rescued one who doesn't seem to want the job.

 

 Yeh right. I was going to order two but changed my mind.
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A new cat! Very exciting! If he wants skritches and belly-rubs though, he must like you. Perhaps he's an introvert cat, like my HRH. She was not a lap cat at all nor would she ever let me pick her up or cuddle her.

DrGoat said...

It sounds like he's coming around. He must like the cool floor. Needs a solid attachment to terra firma. So what's up with his leg?

j-swin said...

Maybe he just doesn't like to be in boxes or small spaces. We bought a cat house for Samoa and she refuses to go inside it. She'll sit on top all day long but has never gone inside.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

He loves to be touched and cuddled. He can't get enough. But then he won't sleep on the bed. I guess he never slept on a piece of furniture in his life. I hope one day he does. He walks funny and I keep the litter in the basement so he gets some exercise up and down the stairs. He has been declawed in the front. He's like my poor Romanian orphan. But he may come around. He eats good and poops good and drinks water a lot but I will see what is up when I take him to the vet. Now he is just getting chill and gaining weight.