Monday, November 28, 2016

The Life And Times Of Major Thomas Wellington

I was so proud of my Wellington last night. He is too weak in the back legs to jump upon my high bed but he found a way but climbing some boxes in the middle of the night to make his way up so he could wake me up and say hello. I was so proud of him and I we suggled until I feel back asleep. Of course I woke up this morning worried that he peed on the bed to commemorate our new milestone and of course he had to leave a present in the corner. So blankets back in the wash and the fun continues with my poor lovable but sad and damaged kitties. He's no Fluffy but even dumb kitties need love and sometimes they need the MOST love.

 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Progress is being made, that's great! I'm sure the vet has an opinion about his damaged back legs -- will they improve at all? And how about his bathroom habits? Is there a medical explanation for that too?

I like the name you've chosen. "Wellington" -- good military name, victor of Waterloo, defeater of Napoleon. And dare I say it -- "ground control to Major Tom"?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It all went into naming him. Major Thomas Wellington, Physician and Surgeon but he does MANY jobs for her Majesty and was hurt in the war. That is how we explain his bad hip.

I think he is just marking his territory but he doesn't do it anywhere else but my bed because of Fluffy's smell I thing. He eats a lot and makes the biggest poops I have ever seen from a kitty...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, at least you know his digestive system is in fine fettle.

DrGoat said...

Bravo Major Wellington. Damaged kitties do need a lot of love but they give back in kind many-fold. You are a man Cal.