Monday, December 27, 2010

Sound Of Music Bonuses

I have to confess that I never miss a Christmas time showing of 'The Sound of Music'. It my mother's second favorite movie of all time and was the inspiration for our first trip to Salzburg, Austria when we lived in Germany. To her it is a magical place and for me it is as well. She still says 'remember when we were there?' whenever this movie is shown.

My most favorite part is that frickin' puppet show the kids put on. Like I have said before, it is the most elaborate piece of puppet theatre ever put on by pre-war Austrian half-orphans. It just keeps getting more and more insane and unbelievable as it goes on. Read my whole opinion HERE.

These two clips are pretty terrific. If you are a fan of this movie you will enjoy them I hope.



3 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

My daughter auditioned for the role of Maria in a high school production of The Sound of Music. She was beat out by the High School's "diva". She was cast instead as Mother Superior. She was looking forward to belting out "Climb Every Mountain" when the drama committee decided to scrap The Sound of Music do a medley of Broadway hits.

She ended up singing Midnight from Cats instead.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Darn you for putting "Do, Re, Mi" in my head, Cal. It is a classic, though. I love it too.
xoRobyn

Kal said...

OOOOOO MD as far as songs go I would have picked the 'Cats' one. Did you take video?

I was a high school Diva who also played football so both the boys and girls wanted to screw me.

I was the top dog in my high school drama club in grades 11 and 12. I even got the 'Oscar' for our high school - The Cameleon Players Award - in grade 12 as the top drama student.

That got me noticed by Red Deer College and got me a free ride for the first year of the Drama program there. I realized though that as good as I was, it was all about luck and not skill and I wanted something to fall back on. So I went into teaching after doing many professional productions. I love the stage. I love teaching because it is all about the performance for me.

Damn. You keep giving me ideas for posts tonight when I shouldn't be typing.

I remember David Letterman used to sing..."Midnight, and the kitties are sleeping..."

I love that play and the soundtrack.

I hope to meet your family some day. They all sound like terrific people.