Friday, February 17, 2012

Moon Zero Two (1969)



This movie has my nomination for the worst opening credits EVER. The cartoon and the bad theme song only adds to my annoyance. The soundtrack is horrid.


I do like the space effects in this movie. The weighlessness feels real which is an amazing thing for 1969. The minitures are quite fantastic.

A space salvage expert and his partner become involved with a group of criminals intent on hijacking a small asteroid made of sapphire and crashing it into the moon for later recovery.

Okay - again with the funky music. Stop.

"Are you a resident of the moon, Sir?"

22th Century Burka? I have no words. It's NOT a good look.

This was another one that I started and couldn't shut off. One of the few movies of the time to incorporate real science into the script.

Smut...space smut? Big cowboy hats and yellow catsuits make me frisky.

Zero-G bar fight? Snazzy.

Changing into a spacesuit should not make me so hard. Yeh, I said it.

I want one of those moon buggies complet with moon suits.

They call this the 'first space western'. I didn't see that movie. 'Outland' was the first space western for me.




I liked this one. It's a goofy space adventure with James Olsen as the hottest pilot on the moon. When the bad guy has a monocle, it's a win/win for me.

Trippy, funky, educational.

7/10


No comments: