Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Like My Aunt But She Really Talks WAY Too Much

I thought I was bad with my insane jags and rants but she sets a new bar for entertainment. I swear that I will not make it another two weeks. Especially when the snowfall is keeping her in our house and away from Bingo.

Even my mom is asking me to do things with her sister. I suggested a long drive in the country where I let her out of the car to pee then I drive away but that got nixed. No one is a problem solver like I am but I suffer from being ahead of my time.

Sometimes it helps to just close my eyes and go to my 'happy place'.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This post made me laugh out loud. I find non-stop yakkers draining too.

P.S. Clearly your Happy Place involves milk chocolate.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know, and I am no slouch in the yap department. I got me some speech stamina but she just drains my brain.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh, it's the milk chocolate and the beer girls in their low cut Swiss Miss outfits.

M. D. Jackson said...

Oh, that's my Happy Place now, too! Thanks, Cal!

Belle said...

Hmm, sometimes it is a pain when people come to visit. My aunt used to visit my mother for two weeks each year and the first thing she would ask my mom was, "What are we doing today?" My mom had to plan something for every single day she was visiting and it drove her crazy. She looked like hell by the time my aunt left.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Me and my Mother have such a great system and my aunt came in and totally disrupted that. Every day had to be ended with some elaborate supper while I am trying to watch my calories and my blood sugar. Where was her concern with food when we were kids and she NEVER had food in the house. NEVER. Cereal and milk if you were LUCKY.

Today I had to listen to her talk about her misinformation about Confederation just because some John A. McDonald movie was on the CBC. To here her tell it "John A. was VERY INTELLIGENT and not a bad father and drunkard like the show portrayed him to be at points in his life. Who would make that up in a biopic? Like a young Pierre Trudeau who himself was part indian because I saw him in a birch bark canoe once. Oh and The Bachelor isn't real."

All that said without taking a breadth. It's exhausting.

I won't last another two weeks.