Monday, June 11, 2012

'Why Don't You Go Back To Your Apple Turnovers?"



I am going back through my posts to find a particular one I wished to repost. Of course I found so much genius that it nearly made my head explode. The National Film Board Of Canada deserves more attention than they get. This was the first cartoon I remember seeing.

The base firefighters came to our neighborhood to show us the movie then how to put out a fire. I guess they thought it would be more spectacular to have us pretend to be in bed, start a fire, then drain the apartment building. It was all quite exciting when I was 7. 

Then we got bubble gum and told to go back to bed. I swear if we could have found matches we would have burned that whole country down. I always wondered how many true pyromaniacs were created that night. I understood the glory of fire from camping but for some of those kids, it was a new and beautiful thing.

No comments: