Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Museum Of Oddities

 

 
 


 


 
 
Museum Interior Explained.

A Reference to my “DTA best customiser” Award.
B Parts of toys I owned and loved as a child. Heads from Micronauts toys and a figure from Zoids.
C Cthulhu idol. Representing my interest and love of H.P.Lovecraft.
D Derelict Juggernaut spaceship from Alien ( and Prometheus) Alien was to me what Star Wars seems to be to everyone else..
E Raygun from “Bucky O’Hare”. Representing my love of cartoon action figures.
F Qee arm. Qee was my entry level drug for the designer toy world.
G Egyptian relics. Represent my general interest and love of historical artefacts and esoteric sculpture.
H Hand of Tetsujin 28. I love 1960′s/ 1970′s Japanese robots. Especially the Mazinger Z school of design.
I Retro styled electrical items… Love them!
J Pac Gentleman.
K The leg of a Gundam ( Zaku) Mech suit. Another japanese robot influence on me.
L Seed pod. My love of nature and it’s wonderful organic forms.
M Gwin by October toys. My first production designer toy..
N A Mace head representing my work with Games Workshop. My first professional work in the toy and games industry when I was 16. (1986).
O Vintage style camera.. My love of old mechanical objects style again.
P Representing my interest in collecting replica weapons.
Q The tentacle of “Bella DeLaMere”. Both a direct link to one of my favourite toy designs and a nod to my interest in tentacles n general as a thematic device.
R Representing my growing skull collection.
S Moustache! My good luck totem.
T A mask as a nod to my time working in the theatre and the time I spent on stage.
U Bubo. A nod to Ray Harryhausen. A big influence on me and my work.
V Vampire teeth. My love of camp horror in the Hammer Films tradition.
W A deep sea diving helmet and a reference to “The First Men in the Moon”. I love early Science Fiction stories such as those written my H. G Wells. And another Ray Harryhausen reference.
X Nod to those crazy “Biggest ball of twine” type exhibits..
Y An old key in reference to my interest in Kipple. Items which once had a use but no longer do. It is from these items I create find my raw materials.
 

1 comment:

DrGoat said...

That's pretty damn cool. Milk and cookies have been keeping him awake for a while eh?