Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New To The Collection Of Cool



I can never have too many versions of Hawkman. It's the wings I think. Jade joins the long line of female heroes in my collection like Cyclone from the Justice Society. I totally hate these photographs because I wanted to take pictures where I am sitting so I can multitask at the same time - except the flash and reflection  off the box plastic looks very unprofessional. Does anyone have any tips?



I have a near complete set of these Universal Monsters in the Mego style with the arrival of these two beauties. I was impressed with the great paint jobs and the costume the Creature is wearing.


I am trying to also complete my set of the original Universal Monsters done in the size and style of the Marvel Select line. These are high quality with scene appropriate accessories. I am moving these to the front of the display section in the basement. I hope to have photos of all my stuff nicely displayed and ready to be photographed next week.



Here is most of my larger stuff - the vehicles, the playsets, the costume sets, and the special multiple character collections. Everything mint in box. I like the box art as much as I like the contents in each package. It's fun to see all of it together in one place. I like to look at this section of my collection while I work the treadmill. I want to built and light a little counter space so that I can properly photograph all this stuff with more detail than I do for the insurance company. Open up some of the packages and show off the contents inside. That is what I hope to showcase here in the next little bit.




These deluxe action figures from the new Hobbit movie are also pretty sweet.








I have to make a spot and research how to take better pictures of this stuff but I just unpacked it and needed to make the record. I am horrified to think of having to purchase 12 Dwarfs. I hope they put them all in one package or 3 packages of 4 characters each. We also need a Gollum but I am sure he will be out in the next series. Now is the time to find and purchase these figures if you like them because they only go up in price and make it harder to collect as many of your favorite characters. I have nearly 30 of these from the Lord of the Rings series. Another photo project that I need to create.

12 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So do you carry special insurance on your collection?

Kal said...

of course. And everything gets photographed and the disc goes into the safety deposit box and review periodically. I am not that stupid.

John Sholtz said...

That's awesome Cal. Can't wait to see more. I have the same problem with flash reflections off of the packages. I have a ton of professional photographer friends. You'd think I'd ask them how to fix that.

Kal said...

I need to do some research at well.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Should I leave a comment on what I am jealous of? I gotta get the Maestro figure, Your swamp thing playsets and your new Universal Monster Mego type figures. WOWIE WOW WOW WOW...

david_b said...

Wow and WOW.. I'm a big sucker for Creature from Black Lagoon figures, always my favorite monster. Loving that 'This Island Earth' figure as well, on par with the 'Mars Attacks' figures.

Is it me or is there a special love for green skinned females..?

From Orion slave girls, to Jade, to Jennifer (She Hulk).., I'm so there.

When I grew up, I always pined for action figure vehicles and playsets.

"YOU GO, CAL...!!"

Collect EVERY single one you can find, if for nothing else, for all us poor slobs who only had a couple of GI Joes or Megos, yet no ATV Vehicle with winch, no Batmobile, no Helicopter.

As for playsets, I always wished they would have made a plastic Trek TOS Bridgeset. I came CLOSE several times to buyin' the Next Gen Bridgeset, but the articulation in those early figs would never let them sit down right anyways. If I didn't get married back in '98, it would undoubtably be on my shelf now....

Cora said...

Wowza! And here I thought that Scope, Wednesday and I had an impressive collection of Funko Pop figures, but boy was I wrong. Your collection practically pisses on ours. That's awesome!

david_b said...

Totally agreed, Cora.

An extremely awesome collection lines the walls of Cal's Cave.

Kal said...

I had a lot more to choose from - there are a few dozen superhero ones to choose from but only a few Jack and Sally or Disney ones.

Kal said...

And this is just the collection I started twenty years ago. The one I had and lost as a kid was even more amazing.

Unknown said...

You should charge admission to come see all that awesome stuff. :)

Kal said...

All long as you don't touch anything with your sticky fingers you can get in for free.