Monday, May 4, 2009

Warriors


I found a new TV show that I am enjoying very much. Its called Warriors and plays on the History Channel. The host, Terry Schappert is an ex-green beret and Navy Seal who travels the world to show various warrior cultures past and present. From the Spartans to the Zulu he brings you into the combat styles, weapons and tactics of these fighting men. He has an infectious enthusiasm and especially a RESPECT for the men who still practice their warrior traditions. I have actually seen him tear up amoungst the warriors he joins and learns about - his admiration is that genuine. Terry also is no lightweight commentator and academic. He actually participates in the training and learns to use the weapons and tactics that made these soldiers so deadly on the battlefield. I would love to see the blooper reel where he most certainly gets bonked on the head or cut with blades. I appreciate the amazing detail he goes into to describe the fighting syles with those who are experts of their particular form of combat. You get into the head of a soldier and what he thinks about when trying to win a battle. I would totally supplement my teaching materials with these episodes because the kids would enjoy them very much. However, I would never show these to the kindergarten class...those little maniacs are crazy to begin with and a real threat on the playground. I am not giving them anymore combat information than they have already. Think I am kidding. Ask the late Mrs Neusbalm - Playground Supervisor.

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Interesting. I don't get into much reality stuff. Although we have been watching the "Life After People" show on History Channel. Although, I guess that is sort of pseudo-reality.

And now I am really off topic.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well it not like they are voting him out of the tribe every week.

Wings1295 said...

Yeah, I hate those sort of shows, as well. But general reality just has never been a big lure for me.

Might give this show a try though, cause you never know! :)