Monday, May 18, 2009

Downey as Holmes

The new trailer for Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. is out and its look like it will be a fantastic film. I am a huge fan of his work and I really like his take on the arrogant Holmes who is ALWAYS the smartest man in the room. Sure none of us will ever forget the great Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce but times change. Sean Connery is no longer James Bond and frankly we all survived the switch to Daniel Craig who for my money is my new favourite portrayal of that iconic character. I have a feeling that I will feel the same way after seeing this film also. Love the stick fighting scenes and the obvious steam punk elements evident in the clip.

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Interesting. Not sure how many die-hard Holmes fans are gonna like the "action hero Holmes", but I will see it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Lisa said the same thing and she is a real Holmes fan. Any re-imagining is fraught with that hardship. Keep old fans and make new ones.

Nicole said...

Oh, I'm so excited [Robert is HoT!]! I can't wait! We're going to see it, Wings? Oh, yay!!!!