Monday, May 18, 2009

Oh No


Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus (2009) Directed by Jack Perez

"This film was terrible…I admit that I had hopes it was going to be along the lines of one of the newer Godzilla films from Toho studios with the hint of decent monster effects we saw in stills. Turns out it was all CGI and very poor at that. I want to know how much Deborah Gibson got paid to be in this film! Story…well I’m sure you can guess to some extent…revolves around a research team following migrating humpback whales who accidentally release a Megladon (mega shark) and a giant octopus who were frozen in combat millions of years ago. That’s all you really need to know…from that point on the story gets very boring and the shark and octopus are left out for the most part so we can get some character development from Lorenzo Lamas and Miss Gibson (LOL). The acting is monumentally horrific- probably the scariest thing about this film… Another huge let down is the promise that these creatures are actually going to face off. It happens…in the form of a 10 second poorly composed CGI sequence that is played several times from different angles to make it seem longer and epic in scale. Seriously save yourself some time and just skip to the last 5minutes of the film…that’s all the Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus you are going to see the whole film… I felt cheated but what can I expect from the fine people over at Asylum Studios…I watched this film early in the day last Saturday so it’s not like I wasted too much precious time…still, upon watching this masterpiece I think I’ll stick to my Toho monster films."
by Aiden 13

I don't expect it to be good but I do expect to see some sweet giant creature action and it looks like I will be let down big time. Asylum...you missed a great opportunity here for a very profitable mega creature franchise.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_6067.htm

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Going into this (when I get my hands on it) with NO expectations. I am not even going to read your other post, your live-blogging as you watch the film. Will go back to that once I have seen it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That seems fair. I am interested in your opinion. I enjoy your movies reviews on your own site.