Thursday, October 15, 2009

Balloon Boy Fail


All the news today about 'Balloon Boy' had me giggling. I slept most of the day so I missed the live coverage but I am sure I would feel stupid for thinking this was a great crisis akin to another Baby Jessica falling down a well. Instead I get to enjoy the insane knee jerk reactions by the blowhards on the 24 hr news stations trying to attach themselves to the story. Just when I think there is nothing fresh or new that a person can do to get their 15 minutes I am proven wrong. Next time I need a little bit of publicity I will be stuffing the first orphan I see into my balloon advertising free corn dogs at the Cave of Cool.

5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Odd. Makes you wonder what the real story is.

The League said...

apparently, this is the family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWJXXgaYBo

had also previously appeared on TV show "Wife Swap".

Anonymous said...

crisis over...

Leviathud said...

having seen it from the get-go I loved this story. Father makes aircraft. Father doesnt secure it. Child is seen entering it. Aircraft takes off. Media alerted... Aircraft reaches 100ft..1000, Hits the rings of Jupiter!! OMG!!!
Oh, wait, kid was hiding. Nvrmind.

Yeah it did reek of Baby Jessica-ism (grats on making that connection; I was looking for something comparable) Sigh. The media can still sell a spectacle and were not much further from the coloseum days.

and nice to see you've enabled comments without having to sign up to anything

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Welcome to the party Leviathud. New comments always are welcome.