Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Clash Of The Titans


This is one of the first pictures released for the upcoming film. Sam Worthinton plays Perceus (who I wish could have been cast younger) to tell the story of Medusa, the Kracken and a war between the gods. Its a great myth and from what I have read they are not going the silly cartoony route that the original film did. I hope the CGI lives up to the hype. I so want Medussa to be terrifying and deadly to highlight the fear that would arise from facing her. We all know, however, by Percius holding the bag, who won their confrontation.

5 comments:

Artman2112 said...

oh, i thought he was simply taking out the trash while heading out to work! i used to love the original when i was a kid (I saw it in theater when it came out) but it's no doubt one of Harryhausen's worst films as a whole. His medusa was really cool though, stop action all lit by firelight... genius!

erin said...

I'm missing something with the percius spelling. I've never seen it spelled that way.

I'm soooo excited for this movie. I loved the first one, although I admit it could use some major updating. Still an awesome story. I wanted to name my oldest Andromeda sooo bad.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is such a cool name Erin. Why didn't you name her that? She would have RULED the playground. You must not be a hollywood star because they always give their kids weird names.

Thanks for catching my spelling mistake.

And I totally agree with you Artman. Harryhausen is a god to me. Golden Voyage of Sinbad is one of my all time favorites and I concider it the highlight of his career. In the years before CGI you just couldn't make a great fanasy film without him.

Wings1295 said...

I hope, I HOPE, it is one of the remakes that makes us say "Yeah, some remakes are worth it!".

I hope.

FilmFather said...

The CGI team for the remake better bring the noise with Medusa -- she's absolutely the best part of the original, which was an HBO favorite of mine as a kid. I remember wishing they had a toy line to go with the film...