Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Snow Of The Year - October 8


Yeh, it's actually snowing here outside my window. Thank YOU, global warming. Faked me out again. Crap. Now I have to wear socks and mittens but not the way I am suppose to - mittens on my feet and socks on my hands. That's right, Calvin is a rebel like 'you know who' was a rebel. Did I mention its SNOWING? And we have our Thanksgiving this weekend.

Usually if we make it to Halloween before the snow flies then we think we are awesome. Well we are awesome and winter is awesome but I thought I had a few weeks to kinda ease into it. There is always that day at the start of every Canadian's winter when you DON'T dress for the weather. You freeze your ass off all day and that night you give in and get all your winter gear out and ACCEPT that winter is here. After that everything is fine. This could be just a fake out. I'll let you know for sure in a couple of days. Most times when it snows this early it melts away by the next day.

6 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Make a snow pumpkin!

Ricky Shambles said...

Hehe. Thanksgiving in October. Canada is so cute.

Just kidding. Honestly I remember living in Cleveland where first snow was averaged at mid-October and last through the end of March.

All those righties: "OMG it's cold for one day!" "But a piece of Antarctica the size of Delaware just broke off." "What? I can't hear you! La la la!"

Unknown said...

What part of your great country do you live in anyway? The part near the Arctic circle?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No such luck. Central Alberta. But anything above the 49th parallel is ripe for this kind of wacky weather.

Sam G said...

I'll trade ya! Send some snow down here to New Mexico and I'll send up some wind and sun. ;)

Wandering Coyote said...

We've had frost and cold weather but no snow yet. Have seen it on some of the surrounding mountains though, but it's melted.