Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ghost Town


I seem to be on a two 'movies a day' pace this week and it would be remiss of me to not tell you what I think of what I have seen. I DID attend a couple of film studies classes once, so I knows me some films...bitches. So this movie start with the death of dickhead Greg Kinnear who is sleeping with someone other than his wife. Dr. Pinkus (the awesome Ricky Gervais) is the next character we meet and he is a depressed dentist (go figure - they kill themselves faster than Middle East suicidal bombers). The first thing I have decided after seeing this movie is that I want to live in a building with a door man who knows my name and my coming and goings and all the mysterious packages that arrive at my door. Hell, I just want to be recognized and known for something. So Dr. Pinkus goes in for a bowel procedure and discovers when he comes out that he can see and talk to ghosts. For a guy who basically hates people, having the ghosts discover that you can communicate with them is the LAST thing you want to happen to you. Soon he is being pursued by every ghost on the block and becomes involved in their afterlives. The ghosts include the selfish Greg Kinnear who needs Dr Pinkus to help his still living wife played by Tia Leone (meow). Their relationship is really sweet and proves that funny is the quickest way to a woman's heart. If that is NOT true then don't tell me. Its the only shot I got baby. I admit to tearing up a few times during this movie but I do that alot so don't let that keep you from watching this sweet, harmless little movie.

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I loved that movie.

Wings1295 said...

Loved it, too. Was so much better than I expected it to be!