Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Onion Movie


What if they made a movie and nobody laughed? I am usually not a fan of these 'joke a minute' spoof films because usually they are a lot funnier on paper or in the writer's room than they are once you get them on film. For a website that can be pretty good at generating topical chuckles this film was extremely weak. Easy targets and easy jokes. The forth time they used the word 'negro' I had about had enough. Hell, 'Criminal Minds' has more laughs than this piece of crap. Look, an handless, legless hockey player gets checked all over the ice in his wheelchair. Hilarious. Ugh. Avoid this movie unless you are 11. Even then I think you will only be let down.

4 comments:

Booksteve said...

Odd. I liked most of it.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I saw parts of is once. It left me scarred.

L said...

calvin doesnt like spoofs-- i thoroughly enjoyed it as it is in the same vein as 'kentucky fried movie'

Jason said...

The Onion made me cry. See what I did there. Wordplay!