Thursday, July 22, 2010

Computer Coffee Table


"It's mainly made up of boards/drives from old Intergraph 6000 series machines built in the late 80s early 90s. They had nice big boards. It was a good way to keep around my first real computer after I could no longer find parts to keep it working, an Intergraph 6880 with Edge II graphics. I learned computer modeling, rendering and animation on it and think of it as a mentor. There are also old 2800 baud modem parts and other random parts collected over the years.

No real pattern other than just getting it all to fit together like a puzzle. The LED lights along the perimeter worked out better that I had hoped. I have it wired so it automatically goes on when it gets dark."


This would be a perfect sarcophagus for a computer geek like myself.

http://www.boingboing.net/

4 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

that is just awesome! I'd love to have thing...

TS Hendrik said...

Aw heck, with as many old computers as I've taken apart and ended up throwing away, why has this never occurred to me? I'm just going to have to make one.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is awesome. I really love that and the lights are the perfect touch.

Anonymous said...

That is way better than the Han Solo coffee table.