Saturday, July 24, 2010

60 Second Stories By Cal - Strawberry Milk To Go


I knew a girl once who stole my mother's car (but it turned out okay, the insurance company bought her another car and when the police found the first one she bid on it at the wreckers and got it for back for 500 dollars. We replaced the broken window and had two nearly brand new cars).

I was mad at her for that but I was most indignant that she left two strawberry flavored 'milk to go' bottles in the back seat. That is how I knew it was her that stole the car in the first place. Strawberry milk was all she drank.

I also used to teach a simple forensics class to my science students. They all knew how to get a fingerprint off a glass or a strawberry 'milk to go' bottle.

Soon after the car was taken I invited her over and got her a drink. Then I showed her how easy it was to get a fingerprint off a glass. I brought out the first print I had taken and compared the two. Perfect match to her whirls and ridges. I should have called the cops but she ran out of the house too fast. We never brought charges because we were up two cars anyways. True story.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty gross, but i am glad your mother and you got the car back. what a heartless girl who drinks gross milk.

Anonymous said...

and I think 60 second stories by Cal, is a grand idea.

Kal said...

I do too. Do I know you Anonymous?

Sam G said...

Busted! What ever became of this girl Cal?

Kal said...

She went to jail on another matter (forgery) and like all women who break up with me, she gained alot of weight, most of it on her ass. I don't know why that happens but it has happened to far to many girls for me to think it's anything but a curse the gods place on them for letting a prize like Big Daddy get away from them. True story.

Sam G said...

Well...look at all the strawberry milk she drank. ;P

Pat Tillett said...

That was a great story Cal. Your second comment is also classic!

I used to love strawberry milk

M. D. Jackson said...

Detective Kal strikes again! It's just too bad you couldn't have gotten her ass arrested back then.. that would have been a great ending to the story and might have gotten her off that road to a life of crime she was obviously on.

Kal said...

I didn't want to stress my Mom out over a trial. Besides, she was afraid that somehow the police would think that she arranged all this to get a new car despite the fact that the car that was stolen was only six months old.

Unknown said...

that's a crazy story Cal! wow