Monday, July 19, 2010

Pillars Of The Earth

I have been looking forward to this eight part production from 'Starz' since I heard about it going into production. It is one of my favorite books and one that saved me when I stared teaching.

I found that I couldn't sleep due to all the worries I had over planning and coaching and marking. This novel by Ken Follett, however, took me to a totally new place where I could worry about the construction of a cathedral and all the characters involved both for and against that endeavour. I worked.

Part one starts this Friday. Ian McShane, Rufes Sewell, Donald Sutherland? I am so there. I miss the days of the good old fashioned mini-series.

4 comments:

Nick Ward said...

1:52 is that you in the background?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If he is wearing a crown like I SHOULD be if those damn peasants hadn't caste me out, then yes. It's me.

DEZMOND said...

I've been following the production on this for more than a year now over at HOLLYWOOD SPY(I was actually one of the first ones to write about it, which is why you can see my first post about it very high on the Google image search:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CeMBuGqR_44/SsEKkq14JFI/AAAAAAAAAcE/MwqQHNGsLu4/s400/THE%2BPILLARS%2BOF%2BEARTH%2BCAST.JPG&imgrefurl=http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/2009/09/first-cast-pictures-from-epic-saga.html&usg=__aDNWg8b-Wa8m7R4QY0B5fkiu5oM=&h=288&w=400&sz=37&hl=en&start=39&tbnid=EOHYHqAF9S-c1M:&tbnh=89&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bpillars%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bearth%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D892%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

DrGoat said...

I was going to re-subscribe to Showtime this September for Dexter. We can't justify 2 premium channels, so this one, as much as I like Ian McShane, will have to wait for DVD release.