Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Translations

Over at Urlesque, they have a feature post about cats in costumes. I am not a great fan of dressig up pets but I am a huge fan of words translated from their native languages back to English. It always comes out just sounding bizarre. For example, this is how the three rules about dressing up you cat in outfits translates into English from the original Japanese. I sounds like LOL catspeak:

1. You need to dress a cat.

2. If a family and a cat become fortunate, you will take a commemorative photo!

3. If it finishes taking a photograph, you will make it remove clothes from a cat immediately. You will say then, without forgetting the language of gratitude to a cat.


8 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I have three cats. If I tried to put any one of them in a costume, I'd have to get friggin stiches...

Cheeseboy said...

That cat looks like Annie... but a cat.

M. D. Jackson said...

That's one unimpressed looking kitty.

DEZMOND said...

I guess the Google translator is still many light years away from the language translators they use in STAR TREK :)

TS Hendrik said...

That kitten looks like a sad immigrant. I love the translation game.

Pearl said...

Having appreciated this post, I am speaking in the language of appreciation to you.

Pearl

Ricky Shambles said...

This will be make my day. There are some day-making things in life, and yours makes me, all times. Many thanks with much appreciation. Bears fart sometimes. Soufle.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

She looks cute, but I really feel sorry for her.
xoRobyn