Monday, July 5, 2010

Floating Tanks


"English Russia reports that during the 1950s, the Soviet Union developed floating tanks. Engineers attached pontoons to T-54 tanks and drove them into the water."

One thing I admired about the Soviet Union is the way they actually turned some crazy ideas into reality. They would put rocket engines on trains just to see if they could increase the speed. Sometimes it seemed like nothing was too stupid to not be considered. Case in point. Just drive your tank onto these pontoons and you are off chasing ships instead of land vehicles.

3 comments:

D.I. Felipe González said...

They had money to waste inventing the coolest toys.

Pat Tillett said...

"crazy ideas!" I hope you didn't piss off the Russians also...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Just wait. It will. I guess I am an equal opportunity communist hater.