Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Have Enough On Earth To Worry Me And Now I Hear About This


"ESA's Herschel infrared space telescope has made an unexpected discovery: a dark hole in space. The hole has provided astronomers with a surprising glimpse into the end of the star-forming process.

A cloud of bright reflective gas known to astronomers as NGC 1999 sits next to a black patch of sky. For most of the 20th century, such black patches have been known to be dense clouds of dust and gas that block light from passing through."

6 comments:

-Warren Zoell said...

Shades of Nagilum.

Budd said...

Galactus has been there.

Robert McKinney said...

Looks like someone opened the Pandorica.

(Dr. Who reference).

D.I. Felipe González said...

Boral Cal, you have a new nemesis to fight against.

DrGoat said...

I think this is where republicans come from.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

When I clean up this planet you know I am gonna turn my gaze outwards.