Friday, July 2, 2010

It's Tumblr Time


With my allotted space rapidly dwindling on this blog I figured I could make more room by eliminating some posts. Since all my words are golden, I figures I could delete all my 'FROM THE FILES OF THE CAVE OF COOL' posts and that should give me some more space to work with.

Currently I am going through my blog and looking for the best images I have collected and transferring them to my new tumblr - FROM THE FILES OF THE CAVE OF COOL which you can reach at Cave of Cool. I still need to figure out how to do some things (like giving credit and linking back to other tumblrs I visit) but it's there for your enjoyment. Your opinions are welcomed and encouraged.

12 comments:

Wings1295 said...

You can type in when you post things. I give credit all the time on my tumblr site.

Off to follow you, which sounds really creepy.

Budd said...

you can max out alloted space here? Where do you find out if you are bumping up agains it?

Sam G said...

Sounds like a good plan.

Drake said...

I'll tumblr for ya, you know the E Banana will be following.

Psitticine said...

I think you need to tweak the link by putting http:// in front of it. Blogger is trying to redirect it to an interior page here on this site.

This sounds like a good plan to me. You can count me in on the visitors!

JBond said...

I'm in!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Budd, when you are downloading pictures and that download box comes up - on the bottom it tells you what percentage you are at.

Psitticine - how do I 'tweak' the link?

TS Hendrik said...

I keep meaning to start a tumblr account but the laziness gets in my way.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would be right there with you TS but I had to do if for practical reason of space. But loading images on Tumblr takes forever. I want things to happen NOW NOW NOW so it's annoying. I have to work out a system so I can easily do the ten other things I am doing on the computer. I do plan to max out all the post I am allowed daily until I start running out of pics.

Kelly Sedinger said...

I'm still a ways away from running out of image space, but I've been told that if you add another "author" or person to your blog, that account ID starts over with all new space. So just add yourself again, under a new name -- like "Cal's Cave the Second" or something like that. And then just post as usual, as the new ID. (Basically you'd just turn "Cal's Canadian Cave" technically into a group blog, with yourself using two IDs as the members of the group.)

MC said...

Is it bad that I read the title of this post as "It's Tumblrin' time!" in Thing's voice.

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link you gave but I got a page not found.