Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh Look At The Precious Psychic Octopus


Anyone ever see the movie 'Scanners'. Lots of mutants with the power to explode people's head in that one. This is no different.

So they did some experiment on some cephalopod that allowed him to GUESS the correct winner in some soccer games by following his basic instinct to eat food left for him in two containers. Big deal. Have him predict the winning lottery numbers and we have something useful for him to do.

I love how they give him a human name like PAUL so that we all feel an affinity with the sweet octopus. Everyone has to love the octopus.

Let's see how cuddly he is when you put him in some aquarium and he predicts the death of your loved ones and that group of toddlers who are on a field trip from their daycare center. Then what you gonna do? That's right, NOTHING but fight for your very life. Remember, you heard it here first. PSYCHIC OCTOPUS = NO GOOD.

Thanks to Mrs. Wings aka Ravyn for the tip. Remember bulb heads - I gots my people EVERYWHERE!

6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

I'll let you in on a secret. The octopus wasn't psychic. It was the guy who prepared the octopus' food dishes -- he's the psychic. He knew the winners ahead of time and fixed the food dishes so that paul would choose the "right" one.

He did this to throw the authorities off his trail. I'll bet if you look that guy up today he will have... moved on.

Or maybe I've been watching too much TV. I don't know.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well color me surprised. I KNEW it was a scam all along. Some stinkin' bulb head and his human thrall. If I have seen this scam once I have seen it a hundred times. Maybe we should have "paul" predict how many arms of his I can tear off in sixty seconds. If he guesses eight then he wins a prize. His own hot pot of water to stew in.

Wings1295 said...

Actually, Mrs. Wings aka Ravyn was the finder of that pic!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks. I fixed that.

Nick Ward said...

I've been following the exploits of Paul the Psychic Poctopus and I've been waiting... waiting... for Cal's Canadian comments. It was a waiting game but it paid off.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well I had to wait until it was all over. If he failed it would be easy. Now it's just scary. And stupid, Nick.