Friday, December 24, 2010

Chris Moose The Christmas Moose


I need someone to help me draw and write my Christmas children's story - 'Chris Moose, the Christmas Moose.' Isn't that clever? It's about a Moose who hears everyone talking about 'Chris-MAS' but thinks they are talking about him - Christopher Moose - after a mis-delivered package brings him and his curiosity to the big city.

He is thrilled to learn that a celebration has been going on all this time in his honor. You see, like Pooh he is a 'moose of very little brain'.


This is Canada so it will be heavily themed with Canadian Christmas things. In the end everyone learns about the meaning of the season and that a moose really should use q-tips to clean his ears at least once a year.

I like the idea of him becoming an honorary member of the RCMP at the end too. An ambassador of goodwill.


I think I need a tissue. What a beautiful Christmas story.

4 comments:

sambo said...

OK How About This?
Chris Moose Loses His Direction To The North Pole
From Canada And...
Finds Out He's In Texas Cattle Country
And Becomes New Years TX BBQ Dinner?

I'm Kidding
Don't HATE ME Cal
-Merry Moosemas
PS: I'm A Very Good Illustrator

Kal said...

I would need to see samples. Plus, anyone who knows Moose know that they always walk UPHILL so they never find themselves SOUTH of the border. Damn this thing is writing itself.

If you are a good illustrator would you do a commission header for the Cave of Cool like others have done. Of course I would need to discuss price and see samples. And don't try to slip me some downhill walking moose. I will be able to tell if you just flipped the page.

Nick Ward said...

Kal. This thing is writing itself. I doubt you need any help writing it. Chris needs a quest. Give him somewhere to start and somewhere to finish. The place he starts from is a sad place (lonely no friends for example) and the place he finishes is a happy place (lots of friends!). Watch every Pixar film and you'll see the pattern. Writing is hard lovely graft but dear god it's fun but you know that.

Merry Moosemas my Cool Canadian Friend.

Nick Ward said...

PS: I reckon this story is a gem. Gold mate. Gold.