Friday, December 10, 2010

My Own Dawn Treader


When I was little my Grandfather build me a great wooden ship that I always called the Dawn Treader.


I put it the water once and it took off so fast that we had to rent a paddle boat to go after it. I have great colors and a lion masthead to add but I am too afraid to mess up the original ship that was build for me.


However, since I will doubtless have a child of my own, I will likely improve my Dawn Treader and make it a Dawn Treader 2.0 so that my nephew has somehting cool passed down to him one day soon.


Regardless, this was my favorite book in the series so I am going to catch it in the theatre if I can find anyone to go with me.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just got back - I enjoyed it! My favorite book of the series as well.

M. D. Jackson said...

That's an awesome little boat and a great memory. One day you will pass the boat and the story on to the right child.

TS Hendrik said...

I saw your comment earlier and thought, 'I hope he puts up a post about the ship' and here it is. That's fantastic and so cool. Your grandfather must have been one cool dude.

CkretsGalore said...

I've only been to a theater about 4 times in the last 7 years! ( I don't sit still for very long)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You had to rent a paddle boat to go after it - that is hilarious, Kal. Glad you saved the ship. It's a beaury. xo

Contemplating Cadie said...

Ditto, TS.

Enjoyed this trailer too. Our cat however, was enjoying a nap when the Lion roared and is a tad unsettled, LOL.

Before I was married I used to go to the movies all the time, but now that I'm married... I have no one to take me! I think we might just have to go see this one.

It's funny in my real life not very many in my circle have read these books, but here in blogdom it seems that almost everyone has. I guess readers grow up to be writers.

Lucky nephew! (But I think it's a little hasty for Selena to be deciding she doesn't want kids. She's young, plenty of time to change her mind.

Kal said...

That's why I love you CB - just went I need to hear not to abandon my love for Selena you are right there to remind me.