Friday, December 24, 2010

Remember These?


If you never used one to listen to music then you are way to young to even be allowed to live. Now that isn't fair. You should be sent to a special farm where you must first learn the ancient devices before being allowed to move on to the more advanced technology.

Think of it this way, girls. You will probably have more luck finding a husband without texting thumbs that look like the calves of a body builder - for me that is just a deal breaker.


Then there are these. Only the coolest kids who knew that smoking was disgusting but still wanted to be hip enjoyed their smooth bubble gum or chocolate goodness. I varied my brands because that was the way it was done back then. Even rolled my packs in my t-shirt sleeves until the body heat caused the chocolate cigarettes to melt inside the pack. Then I wasn't very cool anymore.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I remember making mix tapes, and calling into the radio station to have them play a song I loved but didn't own, and then waiting all day by the radio, ready to record the second it came on.

Marnie said...

Merry Christmas! xo

D.I. Felipe González said...

Chocolate cigarrettes are banned now in the subtropical regions of Mexico.

And mixed tapes ruled the eighties!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is better not to have known the heartbreak of the eaten tape, its crushed and tangled ribbon wound inextricably about the rollers of the tape deck, the prized mix tape now lost forever.

Kal said...

Holy Crap Sarah...you are me. Thanks for letting us finally see you and keep commenting.

Oh but Replicant - better to have known that dead tape, brother, because while that tape was alive it was REALLY alive. You have 16 songs you could play in your piece of crap car while driving around town and you didn't have to listen to what THE MAN wanted you to here. Sure sometimes he took your mixed race child too early but that was why you could always make another at home with your ghetto blaster with duel tape decks. Yes...those were the days.

(p.s. I don't say this often. But that comment reply was damn near some poetry)

Kal said...

D.I. what the hell is wrong with the subtropical regions of Mexico anyways? No don't answer that. You could probably write a book.

Sarah said...

No problem!

If I could only access my gmail acct while at work, my life would be perfect (damn security filters).

Merry Christmas and to all a good night!