Monday, December 13, 2010

To All My New Zealand Brother and Sisters


Of course you know that this is the day in 1642 was Abel Tasman 'discovered' New Zealand. Of course he just was the first white man of record to spot the shoreline since we all know that the place already has a thriving Maori culture which didn't do to well with it's European 'experience'.


I love the look of the place. I know the next time I accompany my mother to Australia that I am turning south the second she is on the train North to see my sister. I have seen Australia. Now I want to experience something I expect will be even cooler.


5 comments:

Nick Ward said...

You'll get a warm welcome and cold beer. Unlike Mr Tasman who ended up getting attacked and a couple of his crew eaten. We'll look forward to seeing you...

Hart Johnson said...

It looks so amazing, doesn't it? I would love to go. Every time I watch Lord of the Rings I think, MAN, I have GOT to get to New Zealand!

Baby Sister said...

I've always wanted to go there.

Pat Tillett said...

There aren't many places on my "must see" list, but NZ is at the top! What a beautiful place.
someday...

Dr. Monkey said...

I'm setting up a new Monkey Central in NZ after I win the Mega Millions jackpot. You'll always be welcome there my friend.