Monday, December 6, 2010

The Walking Dead - Season One


I was really hoping that they survivors would get more than one night of booze and warm showers before having to move on. Does anyone else feel that season two will be like 'The Fugitive' or 'The Hulk' where the convoy stops in one place and then is forced to move on by episodes end, with one less traveller or several more added to the group. I really hoped this one would end on some kind of cliffhanger with a profound message to take with us about next season.

Does anyone know the lead time until the next season begins?

I feel drained by the first six episodes but not entirely satisfied. The show could have just as well failed and we wouldn't even be getting season two but I find myself waking up this morning to wanting more. Is that my fault or there's.

I am very sorry if I spoiled things for people. I didn't even think this time and I will be more careful next time with my reviews. I am the worst human on the planet.

11 comments:

D.I. Felipe González said...

You've spoiled my evening. Walking dead will air in three hours in the subtropical regions of México :-(

TS Hendrik said...

The last episode was the worst so far. The series has been strong but that was a pretty weak episode all around. I'm still wondering if that's why Darabont fired the entire writing staff.

CkretsGalore said...

Bah I haven't seen it yet...yeah kinda a spoiler.
Ah well, I'll survive!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I'm with you on that feeling man. I was expecting a bit more of a cliffhanger ending. I agree with the "stay in one place" bit as well. In addition to Fugitive and Hulk there was also the Hatch from "Lost" and the Tar Pits from "Runaways" were our heroes got a chance to clean up and get comfortable before something came up and bit them from behind and was expecting more of the same here.

At the very least I was hoping the CDC plot would give us something new like maybe some gross anatomy on the walkers, give us some information about that we might not have known before. Guess not.

Wikipedia says October 2011 for season two, and with word spreading about how all the previous writers were fired I can believe it.

mercurius said...

Season 2 premieres next Halloween.

Pat Tillett said...

I'm right there with you. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the series, but the season could have ended a little better.
It was really a let down to only have one night at the CDC.

Anonymous said...

I hope they go a bit more into the realities of postapocalyptic survival. The end of gasoline, bullets, medicine. Also, what happens to zombies when they've run out of food?
Of course, it will probably be nothing of the sort. Zombieland meets Battlestar Galactica.

DEZMOND said...

the next season will start only next October, so not soon at all. And the rumor about all the writers being fired wasn't true. Just one of them left the show to start his own project.

Budd said...

to me it seems like the show is set in some alternate reality where there isn't enough ammo in the united states to shoot everyone on earth several times.

I think next season, they will have to realize that they can't run from it and they have to start fighting back.

Paladin said...

I'm dieing to know what was whispered.... but not enough to want someone to tell me and spoil it :) Long wait until next Halloween, though.

Budd- I've got enough all by myself to make a pretty good start :)

Lazarus Lupin said...

Here's the odd thing, I think we were SUPPOSED to be disappointed in this episode. We wanted more than one night of warm water and booze. We wanted real answers. We wanted AUTHORITY to HELP us. And we got jack and shit.

Lazarus Lupin
art and review
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/