Saturday, December 4, 2010

WTF. - Worth Suice Attempt Ever!


Check out the link below for more on the story

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/man-makes-narrow-escape-from-nail-gun/17yb8zrqf?from=en-ca-infopane

One summer I was helping my buddy install a picket fence in his back yard. I was using a high powered nail gun. His little daughter (who I hope has grown up to be as anal as her father) bugged me the whole time.

If it wasn't her belief that the post were not far enough apart, or they were too far apart, she would find something else to bitch about me and my work. She also wouldn't shut up that the fence parts that I worked on just didn't look right.

She never got the concept of VOLUNTEER work.

I got so pissed at her that I shooed her away by putting a nail into her dollies head and tossing it into the yard.

With the very next nail (I was still annoyed with her) it didn't register that I had my hand in the way. I could hear the air nailer gas compress and heard the release of the nail. I knew I had pinned my hand to the post like you would expect to see at a cruxifiction. There was no pain, however.

Even with a full load of ammo in the nail gun, I was fine and had shot off a black of just compressed air because the sleeve that held nails was indead empty and that was what saved me from what would had been a harsh wound.

I put the tool away then and went back to my drink. Not good to taught the gods after that near call.

I have a weird fascination with X-ray photos that show the path of some object into a person's head.

I need to start a blog feature of these X-ray photos only if the person survives the puncture. I am still bummed that I couldn't get my own x-ray to show of when I got shot in the head.

Everything is digitally stored now and you can't get permission to acess them because then it would be too easy for nepharious people to gain access to the records of others.

It's like trying to get a peek of your own medical file. It's verbotten even though it's MY file. What are they keeping from me that I might want to know? I suspect that if I pull on my left pinky too while expelling gas from my butt that I will trigger my latent superpowers.

8 comments:

sambo said...

Did It Leave A Scar?
Your Honesty
Is Why You Have
The Best Blog, Sir C'Kal
-Nail Gun Sam

obxjc said...

Just pulled a finish nail out of my finger last week. Not fun. Love your blog.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Ouch. I think this one hurt me more than it did you, and I'm glad for that.
xoRobyn
PS Great new blog look.

Tempo said...

LOL, someone was smiling down on you that day Kal, best to put the gun away and have a celebratory drink I'd say... in fact I feel a celebration coming on just now.

Kal said...

Thanks Tempo - I figured I didn't want to go through life with a half stigmata.

Sam G said...

My sister did the same thing to her foot when she was helping my Dad build our house. My Dad was pissed.

Nick Ward said...

Hang on one gosh-darn minute you got shot it the head!

Dan said...

You should easily be able to get a digital copy of your x-ray, provided the film still exists. If it was a digital image in the first place, it's still there, somewhere, and you should be able to get a copy.

The image will be in DICOM format, but the CD should have a reader you can use. However, I recommend IRFANVIEW, a free program that can read, modify, and save in DICOM format.

If you hook up with someone in IT at any major hospital you can probably get all the x-rays you want, wiped of identifying info.