Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mess With Dredd And You Get Dead



Judge Dredd is a great comic book that I first discovered in England. I was immediately hooked on it's unique blend of sex, violence and destruction. Some people in that world just needed killing and that is the reason why Mega City needs it's Judges. I have deep affection for the stupid Judge Dredd movie that Sylvester Stallone made because of it's campy nature but especially for the insane performance of Armande Assante. Karl Urban seems perfect cast here as Dredd. I love the whole 'Die Hard' set up which forces Dredd to be even more of a badass just to even the odds.

http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.ca/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the look of this!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I think the plot may have more in common with "The Raid Redemption" than "Die Hard", though the two are similar, going up against an army of bad guys in a skyscraper.