Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Latest Me Meme

01:Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

No one else to think about or consider? It's heaven on Earth. No one to disappoint or let down. Very freeing. Relationships are overrated. I can't even love a dog because they are so needy. I like the cool disinterest of a cat. Any animal that looks at me with such disgust is the animal for me.


02:Where you’d like to be in 10 years.

Still alive and more appreciated for my genius. Not that I am saying I deserve it and I am the most precious snowflake in the world...but....

03: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

Swing baby, you are platinum. There is something that surviving to adulthood that one should get to celebrate like using substances recreationally. I do enjoy the Old Toby (if you catch my meaning and I think you do - hepcat) but I don't drink much anymore and only the distillations of the potato when I do imbibe. I never seem to get a hangover from vodka. Rye, however, lays me out for days. That wheat is the devil's poison.

04:Your views on religion.

I have a burning hatred for institutions and people who use religion to tell others how to live their lives. I like the Amish, they do their thing and don't try to convert all the heathens around them. Those are religious folk that I can WORK with. I have no patience for the 'holy rollers' who more often than not are living in glass houses. Don't get me started on those fundamentalist Muslims who are as much assholes as fundamental Christians or Jews. I love that little book of fairy tales called the Bible but not when it's words are taken literally. If you can make the leap to believe there was REALLY a Noah's Ark then you can be convinced to believe any bullshit. The next thing you be converting to Mormonism. You religious zealots are the one that worries me the most. Put a gun in your hands and you become unstable and jihadist. Maybe Lennon had it right when he said '...and no religion too'. It's a nice thing to Imagine.

05:A time you thought about ending your own life.

When I realized that Firefly only had 14 episodes. I have since gotten perspective. It's so short and so good that it didn't have time to get bad. In fact with the movie Serenity it's a damn near perfect science fiction mini-series. Plus there might not have been a Castle if Firefly had lasted five years and no one would ordain that.


But seriously I never wanted to die because I am much too fascinated to see how it all ends. If the world ends in my lifetime that would be exciting but if it doesn't I still want to see how I check out. I hope it's not embarrassing or gruesome like Final Destination - Kal Edition.

06:Write 3 interesting facts about yourself.

I harmonize like an angel.

I cook a mean porkchop.

I love fishing shows. Until Deadliest Catch returns I have Wicked Tuna season two...TWO!

07:Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.


08:A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.

09:How you hope your future will be like.

I would like to cheat death with a form of future science that also gives me superpowers but forces me into space because the entire Earth is toxic to me. I can't even fight to save my planet without it killing me...but I have said too much already.

10:Discuss your first love and first kiss.

I have said it before. The luminous Tara Crandal. I waiting through the whole presentation of the classic KILLDOZER while moving from the chair I was on to the couch she was on. It was such a production but I got to kiss her right before her parents came home. I think I was awake for 3 days after that because it was impossible to sleep.

11:Put your ipod on shuffle and write 3 songs that pop up.







12:Bullet your whole day.


If I manage to sleep I like to exercise on the treadmill when I get up, even if I don't sleep I like to listen to the news on the radio from the treadmill to start my day. Then I do household stuff, blog stuff, TV stuff, movie stuff and more blog stuff. Once a week I go to the pool for laps. It's just me and a bunch of old guys which is good. I would like to do that more often.

13:Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.

I think Ireland would be cool but if it wasn't like it is in The Quiet Man I would be let down. This was my father`s second favorite movie and we watched it every St. Patrick`s Day.


          
14:Your earliest memory.

Crawling out of my crib at night to fall asleep on the mat in the bathroom. To this day I have no explanation for that nor do my parents. I must have really liked that mat.

15:Your favorite tumblrs.

Well my own of course. It is genius. But most all the Tumblrs I follow are great because each person chooses their reposts according to their tastes and everyone likes interesting stuff. Some are very close to my loves and that is cool to see. When my captions are reposted or liked I get a charge out of that. It's validation when someone passes on an image that you yourself liked enough to add to your archive. I am kinda proud my Tumblr is not 'blue' because I see alot of beautiful nudity. After awhile you stop noticing it like it must be for guys that work at a strip club. I am no longer impressed or disappointed with a naked body.

16:Your views on mainstream music.

When you have to dance to pre-recorded electric tracks while not playing or writing or producing or even singing your music without all the tricks and gadgets available in the studio, you should not be called the same thing as musicians who play their own instruments. Why does everything have to sound the same? I know I have reached a point (around 1995) when I stopped following music as close as I once did. I didn't miss much from the look of what's most popular these days.

17:Your highs and lows of this past year.

The low was gaining weight after losing. I would like it if I could get two weigh-ins in a row where I don't just stay the same. After that recent six kilo loss I want to be successful again when I see the Doc in Feb.

18:Your beliefs.


All right here.

19:Disrespecting your parents.

My folks could put up with alot from me (too much at times) but not disrespect. That extended to teachers and other people in our lives. My mother heard me joking with a friend on the phone. I was calling her a slut (jokingly) and my mother grabbed the phone and told her I was raised better than that.

20:How important you think education is.

I can fix ignorant with education but I can't fix stupid. Anyone who is anti-book learnin' or a creationist and who rejects science only take away from our evolution as a species, which coincidentally is something else that these hillbilly thinkers reject.

21:One of your favorite shows.

I thought Fringe finished it's last 13 episodes in the way it wanted to do by focusing on ONE Fringe adventure after establishing the building blocks for that universe in the series during it's first four seasons. The creators gave us people to care about (and we deeply did) with actors who all fed off each other to give us one of the coolest families ever to anchor a science fiction show. Of all the episodes I can only think of a handful I didn't like. John Noble is amazing at if you watch this one again in the future, pay close attention to his arc. It's enormously satisfying to see the whole story develop and end. It ended well which is more than fans of these type of shows have been given as of late. The lost and lamented Stargate Universe, the ends to Battlestar Galactica and LOST have all been a let down for me. Who ever thought that FOX would ever do right with a genre series after the crime against culture that was their treatment of Firefly. But Fringe is that rare show that will make you smile, especially when you talk to other people in the know. It's well worth your time. Oh and there's creepy things too.

22:How have you changed in the past 2 years?


Stronger, faster, better.

23:Give pictures of 3 girls who are famous who you find attractive.

It's all about the personality when it comes to actresses with me. Sure they are all pretty but the ones I like the most have that little something extra.


Jenna Louise Coleman


Amanda Seifried

 

Emma Stone

24:Your favorite movie and what it’s about.

Legends of the Fall. I love that movie. I watched it for the first time on Christmas Eve when I was all alone and I cried like a little girl. It's the reason Brad Pitt can do no wrong with me. Aiden Quinn either. Damn that Tristen, he broke every rule of God and man and they all loved him more.



25:Someone who fascinates you and why.

Howard Stern. He's one of a kind.

26:What kind of person attracts you.

Kind. And like George Costanza said "I don't want anyone smarter than me." To which Jerry replied, "HOW can she be smarter than you?"
          
27:A problem that you have had.


I think the octopus are out to get me. They always have been. I also have half a nail on my big toe (it split vertically) and I am interested to see how that whole situation sorts itself out.

28:Something that you miss.


Snow on the castles of Bavaria.

29:Goals for the next 30 days.

I am already the most interesting man on the planet. Why do I need with goals when I have such a smooth running operation as Cave of Cool Inc?


5 comments:

Belle said...

All very interesting. I'm afraid you would think me very dumb as I believe Noah's ark and the flood was real and God created the world in six days, (although this rock was here for billions of years. I mean he made land, animals etc. six thousand years ago) but I don't mind. I know you'll like me anyway.

I do not like religious fanaticism. It is dangerous and cruel. It ruled the world in the Dark Ages and we may be headed for our own Dark Ages in the future.

I'd love to hear you harmonize!

Anonymous said...

love that calendar

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

the dysfunctional Valentine hearts are great! Ha!

Kal said...

The difference with you Belle is that you are a believer who wants to believe because that world is a beautiful place. Nothing wrong with it until you try to convert me at the point of a gun which is what you would never do. I don't like the prophets and the jihadists but I can love the believer. I wish I had that kind of faith in anything.

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for sharing your cool and really funny Memes. Where have you gotten those?