Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Clip - The Phantom



Anyone who reads my blog knows that that I loves me some PHANTOM. He is one of the original pulp heroes. I was very happy to hear of a new series starting on SYFY just to see the character brought back to modern audiences who may not have been around when the Billy Zane movie came out. However, after seeing this clip I am less than enthused. I admit to letting out a girlish cry of glee when I saw the original costume in this clip. Then this punk declares that he wouldn't be wearing that outfit? Who the hell does he think he is? That emo-hat outfit they show is beyond stupid. I could see a hood with the familiar mask as an homage to the character and the past but this look is insulting to the legacy of the Phantom. I will watch because I watch everything but they have a LONG way to go to impress me. Don't we live in a time when people with love for comic book characters are finaly in charge of making the shows? Time to prove that to me. I don't hear good things about the Green Hornet either except for the cool pictures of the Black Beauty that were released. Sighs. This is the first photo from the upcoming Seth Rogan movie.

4 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I will never admit it when I emit girlish cries of glee. You're a bigger man than I to do so.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

HA HA...just gotta put it out there. Be honest with the people out there and they know you are serious when you let it all hang out like that.

Booksteve said...

That PHANTOM looks SOOOOO disappointing! Can't tell on Hornet from that pic.

Wings1295 said...

Damn... Seems like so much is a let down these days! :(